Pastor Samuel L. Green, III became the Pastor of St. John’s Church of God in Christ in August, 2016. Since his installment, he has enhanced and expanded existing programs while implementing various new outreach ministries. He is heavily involved in the community, is a mentor, teacher, scholar, but most importantly, a committed man of God who is concerned about winning souls to Christ.
Pastor Green was blessed to be born to one of the greatest nationally known religious couples, Bishop Samuel L. Green, Jr. and Evangelist Vivian F. Green. Their legacy of anointing, priestly leadership, holiness, and faith for living was instilled in him and his siblings. He realized early in his youth the ministerial call that existed upon his life.
Copyright © St. Johns C.O.G.I.C - All rights reserved.
As a servant of the church, Pastor Green is involved in many aspects of Christian ministry. He is first and foremost a caring pastor after God’s own heart. He has a heart for souls and a love for God’s people. St. Johns under the leadership of Pastor Green has helped many men, women, and children give their lives to Christ.
Pastor Green is a 1976 graduate of Newport News Shipbuilding Apprentice School of Technology. He served in a management position as a Production Control Coordinator, and was afforded the opportunity to operate with the highest leadership personnel in the largest Shipbuilding Company in the world. He has attended Regent University with a focus on Religious History and Leadership. Pastor Green has dedicated his life to teaching the Word of God so that all who hear can grasp their purpose in the Kingdom of God.
His professional and ministerial backgrounds include:
• Currently Chairman, Virginia Second Jurisdiction AIM, 2016-2017.
• Chairman, Virginia Second Jurisdiction AIM, 1986-88
• Superintendent of the District and State Sunday School
• National COGIC Chairman, the National Youth Division of Sunday School.
• Youth Sunday school Teacher for over thirty eight years; growing his classes to a level of over thirty five consistent students.
• President of the Young Men Community Mentoring Ministry for over twenty eight years. Many of the young men he mentored are notable and nationally recognized leaders of the community and the Church Of God in Christ, worldwide.
• Regional Director, COGIC National Evangelist Department
• Superintendent, FFL Pavilion Estates where he built a multimillion dollar community on the behalf of St. Johns.
• Elected Delegate of the State Democratic Convention and COGIC Constitutional Convention.
Heavily involved in the community, Pastor Green serves on the Southeast Community Day Committee, Newport News Coalition of Concerned Clergy, the East End Ecumenical Committee and he is a “Life Member” of the NAACP. He has served as a member of the Newport News People-to-People Organization, and participated in clergy meetings with Senator Mark Warner.
Additionally he has served as an Executive Board Member of National Prayer for America, Washington for Jesus, Billy and Franklin Graham Crusades, North America Reconciliation Services Committee (NARSC), Peninsula Reconciliation of Ministers, Coalition of Concerned Pastors, National Intenerate Churches Incorporated (NICI), Executive Board Member, Peninsula Ministers Alliance Executive Board.
The love and inspiration of Pastor Green’s life is his lovely wife, Missionary Margaret E. Green and their three fine sons, Samuel, IV (Naomi), Quinton, and Christopher (LaToya). He has four grandchildren.